Jerred G. Blanchard Jr. is counsel in the Houston office of Baker & McKenzie LLP and a member of the Firm’s tax practice group. He is a co-author of a well-known consolidated return treatise, has written numerous articles in various professional journals on multiple corporate tax topics, and is a frequent speaker at various legal and professional programs across the country. Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Blanchard was a principal at a Big Four accounting firm. He is one of 813 professionals recommended by The International Who's Who of Corporate Tax Lawyers.
Mr. Blanchard has a broad range of experience in many areas of federal income tax law, with an emphasis on cross-border mergers and acquisitions, consolidated returns, bankruptcy, preservation and use of debtor tax attributes, and tax planning for corporations and shareholders. Mr. Blanchard also has experience in partnership tax.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Bar Association
- American Bar Association - Former Chair, Committee on Affiliated and Related Corporations
- Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas - Member, 11th District Advisory Committee to the Board of Directors
- Texas~United States (1981)
- New York University (LL.M. Taxation) (1980)
- Vanderbilt University (J.D.) (1976)
- Yale University (B.A.) (1973)