Roman Bilyk is an associate in the Moscow office of Baker McKenzie. Prior to joining the Firm, Roman served as a senior tax consultant in a leading company in Russia.
Roman has extensive experience in advising multinational and local clients on a broad range of Russian and international tax issues, with a particular focus on tax advice for M&A deals and corporate restructuring, domestic and international tax structuring and tax planning, taxation of financial instruments, taxation of the oil and gas industry, and transfer pricing.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted as tax counsel to a leading American pharmaceuticals and healthcare products company, on its acquisition of a leading Russian pharmaceutical manufacturer and its various subsidiaries in Russia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan.
- Assisted with the development of the transfer pricing model for major international and Russian companies including performing functional analysis, research of comparable Russian and foreign companies, preparation of the necessary documentation on transfer pricing for the Russian tax authorities.
- Conducting pre-acquisition tax due diligence of Russian companies, including tax structuring and transfer pricing risk analysis.
- Advising clients on issues related to investment projects, including performing tax and transfer pricing analysis.
- Advising international investment companies on Russian taxation issues related to the structuring of different financial instruments, including taxation of derivative financial instruments.
- Advising clients on tax aspects of corporate restructuring of Russian operations.
- Advising international investment banks as lead managers in offering of Eurobonds by Russian banks.
- Advising international investment banks on the tax aspects of various financial instruments.
- Advising Russian clients on the development of tax efficient international holding structures.
- Advising multinational clients on establishing/restructuring Russian distribution operations including transfer pricing aspects.
- Russia (1998)
- New York University School of Law (LLM International Taxation) (2004)
- Irkutsk State Economic Academy, School of Law (Law Degree) (1998)
- Irkutsk State University (Specialist in Economics) (1998)
- Maryland State University (BS Business and Management) (1997)
Baker & McKenzie - CIS, Limited is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.