Michiel Bijloo is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie's IP/IT & Commercial Practice Group in Amsterdam. He primarily represents and advises internationally operating companies on various commercial issues, which include supply chain systems, contractual liabilities, localization of contracts, outsourcing matters, exclusion clauses, warranties and matters of international private law. Michiel first joined the Firm in 2005. He served as legal counsel for Specsavers Netherlands in 2013 before returning to Baker McKenzie in 2015. He is the author of several articles on consumer sales, agency, contracts of surety and international contracts.
Michiel's practice focuses on cross-border sale structures and restructures, termination of long-term contracts, and e-commerce constructions. He also assists in the drafting, negotiation and termination of various commercial contracts, which include logistic services, outsourcing contracts, distribution, agency and commissionaire agreements, general terms and conditions and specific e-commerce related issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisting a US automotive industry manufacturer with respect to disputes as well as the termination and winding up of contractual relationships with its suppliers.
- Assisting a US fashion house in the development, roll-out and maintenance of a pan-European e-commerce system.
- Advising a global supplier of semiconductor equipment on the restructure of its manufacture and sale organization and documentation.
- Assisting a Dutch IT company on an outsourcing project.
- Assisting a US consumer electronics company with respect to the drafting and implementation of standard sales documentation and various warranty issues.
- Representing and assisting a US fashion house in the termination and settlement of various long-term reseller agreements.
- Assisting a Japanese fashion house in the roll-out of various consumer services.
- Assisting a US food retailer with respect to the drafting and implementing of standard sale documentation.Assisting a European online retailer with the implementation of its sales structure.
- Assisting a European pharmaceutical company with respect to the implementation of a pan-European lease structure.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dutch Bar Association - Member
- Dutch Association re Distribution, Franchise and Agency - Member
- Amsterdam~Netherlands (2005)
- Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (Private Law) (2005)