Reinhardt Biermann is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Corporate and M&A Practice Group in Johannesburg.
Reinhardt focusses on telecommunications, broadcasting, media and entertainment law. His areas of expertise include general regulatory and compliance, intellectual property, privacy law and consumer protection law.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Reinhardt acted in the following matters:
- Conducting due diligence investigations and providing regulatory compliance advice in the telecommunications sector.
- Advising a UK based entity on the application of data protection laws for its business in various African territories.
- Advising multinational corporations on intellectual property matters and trade mark prosecution matters.
- Providing strategic advice to a South African production company on exchange control and the assignment of intellectual property to a Dutch incorporated media company.
- Advising a state-owned entity on regulatory compliance in relation to the issuance of its Global Medium-Term Note Programme.
- Advising a South African company on its acquisition of a software development company and related intellectual property risks.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of the Northern Provinces, South Africa
- South African Institute of Intellectual Property
- South Africa (2015)
- Licensing Executives Society (LES) (Course on IP Valuations and Licensing) (2015)
- University of Stellenbosch (BA, LLB) (2012)