Representative Legal Matters
- Advised an overseas international beverages company on its corporate migration to Switzerland.
- Advised a multinational technology company in a procurement matter and successfully defended it in a large case involving an IT project dispute.
- Advised an international satellite operator on the restructuring of its Swiss operations as well as regulatory matters.
- Represented Tiger Global on the sale of jobs.ch to Tamedia and Ringier.
- Represented a Japanese pharmaceutical company on its acquisition of a company in Switzerland, followed by corporate advisory on a broad range of issues.
- Acted for a listed Swiss pharmaceutical company in connection with a divestiture.
- Advised an international organization on governance matters and the conclusion of a headquarter agreement with the Swiss Confederation.
- Advised a Swiss-based trading company on compliance with the Iran sanctions.
- Advised and represented a private equity investor in connection with its acquisition of Swiss fibre to home networks.
- Advises a leading Blockchain enterprise in connection with its roll-out and launch.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swiss Bar Association
- Zurich Bar Association
- Switzerland (1988)
- University of St. Gallen (Dr. iur.) (1992)
- University of Virginia (LL.M.) (1991)
- University of St. Gallen (lic. iur.) (1984)
Co-author, Global Overview of Anti-Bribery Laws, Baker McKenzie, Edition 2016
Co-author, "Commentary on articles 78-87 of the Swiss Merger Act," Stämpflis Handkommentar, Fusionsgesetz, 2nd Edition, 2015
Speaker, "Compliance Instrumente und Risikomanagement," Baker McKenzie Zurich Seminar on Compliance Challenges at Management and Board Levels, November 2015