Representative Legal Matters
- Represent a global management consulting firm in its claim for refund of excess and unutilized creditable withholding taxes from taxable years 2007 to 2012.
- Advise a global technology-based service company navigate on tax issues related to their operation in the Philippines. Represent client before the Bureau of Internal Revenue to discuss the impact of a Revenue Memorandum Circular specifically addressed to Transportation Network Corporations.
- Advise a multinational chemicals company on the Philippine tax implications on Philippine entities, tax incentives for employees and other issues in relation to its global reorganization in preparation for a spin-off of certain of its business lines into a separate public company group.
- Advise a wholly-owned subsidiary of a financial services company on a number of tax issues involving their shared services center in the Philippines.
- Assist and represent the Philippine subsidiary of an American computer data storage company on its 2012 Bureau of Internal Revenue tax audit.
- Advise and assist a British multinational consultancy, engineering and project management in connection with an ongoing tax audit being conducted by the Bureau of Internal Revenue.
- Assist one of the largest product and service providers to the mining industry worldwide on various tax matters in relation to its completed divestment of an interest in a manufacturing plant in the Philippines.
- Assist the Philippine subsidiary of a multinational industrial building materials company in connection with the case before the Bureau of Customs relating to importation of backpacks.
- Represent a Philippines-based importer and wholesaler company in connection with the filing of a Petition for Review with the Court of Tax Appeals with respect to the assessment issued by the Bureau of Internal Revenue.
- Tax Controversy Leader, International Tax Review, 2014-2018
- Indirect Tax Leader, International Tax Review, 2017-2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines - Member
- International Bar Association - Member
- Australian-New Zealand Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines - Member
- Philippines (1999)
- Ateneo de Manila University (JD) (1998)
- De La Salle University (BS Commerce Major in Legal Management) (1993)
Co-author, "Client Alert: CTA abandons previous decisions requiring the existence of zero-rated sales in the same quarter for VAT refund claims," Quisumbing Torres, 2017
Co-author, "What to Expect: ASEAN 2025 -Forging Ahead Together," Asia Pacific Trade & Commerce - Baker McKenzie, 2016