Representative Legal Matters
Advised leading global investment bank in VAT structuring of BREXIT migration of regulated financial service business lines to Germany;
Advised US-based company in the financial sector in court level litigation regarding VAT implications of its business model.
Advised in a complex strategic disclosure of presumed errors in taxing cross-border chain supplies of goods in order to develop a defence strategy, to coordinate multiple tax audits, to.set-up the methodology for VAT adjustments in the reporting for the head office and its distribution companies abroad.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tax Bar Frankfurt - Member
- Germany (2020)
- Certified Tax Advisor (Steuerberater) (2020)
- European University Viadrina (MBA) (2012)
- Co-author (with Jochen Meyer-Burow), "Tour Operator Margin Scheme," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, 9 February 2021
- Co-author (with Nicole Looks), "Tauschähnlicher Umsatz mit Nutzerdaten – Kein Stück vom Kuchen", MwStR 2016, 864
- Co-Author (with Tobias Rohner and Nicole Looks), "Userdaten als mehrwertsteuerrelevante Gegenleistung für Internetdienste? - Kein Steuervorteil durch kostenfreie Dienste und Apps*"), Expert Focus 2018, 491)
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Matthias Scholz, Dr. Thomas Schänzle, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.