Valérie van den Berg serves as counsel in Baker McKenzie's Amsterdam office. She is seasoned in complex domestic and cross-border commercial disputes as well as in corporate litigation. She also has broad experience in restructuring work. Valérie advises and represents a wide range of corporate clients and financial institutions.
Valérie focuses her practice on matters involving national and cross-border commercial litigation, arbitration, corporate litigation and restructuring.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented clients in post M&A disputes.
- Represented clients in cross-border commercial contracts disputes.
- Advised a financial institution in the real estate sector on multiple restructuring cases and represented the client in court in a commercial dispute.
- Represented companies and directors in director's liability cases.
- Represented shareholders in shareholders' liability cases.
- Represented companies before the Enterprise Chamber of the Amsterdam Court of Appeal.
- Advised on international agency and distribution contracts.
- Advised companies in pre-bankruptcy situations.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Association for Corporate Litigation
- Dutch Bar Association (NOvA)
- Dutch Arbitration Association
- Dutch Association for the Law of Civil Procedure
- Amsterdam~Netherlands (2002)
- Maastricht University (2001)