Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted a multigenerational family in restructuring the tax and legal structure of their family office entities and investment holding partnership.
- Counseled a prominent family on a wealth transfer involving a private annuity and self-cancelling installment note.
- Assisted the US heirs of a multibillion-dollar family in a wealth transfer involving currency controls in multiple jurisdictions.
- Advised several corporate executives and wealthy families on GST exempt defective grantor trust transactions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Chair, Fiduciary Income Tax, Tax Section
- Illinois State Bar Association - Former Chair, Trust & Estate Section Council
- Chicago Bar Association - Former Chair, Estate Planning Committee
- Certified Public Accountant (Illinois)
- Certified Financial Planner
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC) - Fellow and Co-Chair of the State Income Tax Subcommittee for the Fiduciary Income Tax Committee
- Arizona~United States (2016)
- Florida~United States (2000)
- Illinois~United States (1999)
- The John Marshall Law School (LL.M. with honors Employee Benefits) (2006)
- The John Marshall Law School (J.D. cum laude) (1999)
- DePaul University (Accounting) (1990)
Author, "Federal Income Taxation of Decedents, Estates and Trusts," Wolters Kluwer CCH, 2019
Author, "Illinois Estate Planning, Will Drafting and Estate Administration Forms," LexisNexis 4th ed., 2009 – 2019
Presenter, "State Income Taxation of Trusts: Understand the Significance of State Residency for Fiduciary Income Tax Purposes, the State Fiduciary Income Taxation Rules and the Impact of the Recent Linn Decision," 42nd Annual Notre Dame Tax and Estate Planning Institute, 28 October 2016
Audio Podcast and Wallpaper
Co-author, "Trust Residency and State Tax Nexus Planning," ACTEC, February 2019
Co-presenter, "2016 Trust Nexus Survey Webinar: Learning from the Trust Nexus Survey," Bloomberg BNA national webinar, October 2016