Denis Berdoz mainly practices in the areas of tax and corporate law. He joined Baker McKenzie in 1982 and currently serves as head of the Firm’s Tax Practice Group in Geneva. Fluent in all aspects of tax law, Mr. Berdoz is regularly cited by top legal directories including Chambers, Legal 500 and European Legal Experts. He is a member of the International Fiscal Association, AGDA and Ordre Romand des Experts Fiscaux, and previously served as chairman of the Geneva Tax Appellate Commissions.
Mr. Berdoz is also a lecturer at the Swiss Académie de la Chambre Fiduciaire, at the University of Lausanne on MAS of International taxation and at the University of Geneva on LLM Tax Program.
Mr. Berdoz has more than 30 years of experience handling domestic corporate tax issues, inbound investments, tax treaties, post-acquisition and re-disposition restructurings, spinoffs and dispositions. He also handles restructurings — mergers, division and transformation — as well as M&A transactions. Mr. Berdoz’s clients include local and foreign multinational corporations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Co-advised Weatherford on its redomestication to Switzerland.
- Advised two listed groups on the Swiss legal aspect of their post merger integration.
- Advised clients on various mutual agreements and APAs.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Geneva Bar Association
- Swiss Bar Association
- Geneva~Switzerland (1975)
- University of Geneva (Licence en droit) (1975)
- Calvin College (Matura) (1972)