Rafael Berckholtz has extensive experience in capital markets, credit transactions, restructurings, mergers and acquisitions and other complex corporate matters. He advises leading companies and investment banks in corporate and financing matters. He has worked on a wide range of credit transactions, equity, high yield and investment grade debt offerings.
Rafael advises leading companies and investment banks in corporate and financing matters. He has worked on a wide range of equity, high yield and investment grade debt, and hybrid securities transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a group of international banks in connection with a USD 2 billion notes issuance by Southern Copper Corporation. The notes consist of USD 500 million worth of 3.875% notes, due in 2025, and USD 1.5 billion worth of 5.875% notes, due in 2045.
- Advised the engineering company Mota-Engil Peru in connection with a USD 17 million unsecured bilateral credit agreement entered into with a multinational bank. Also provided advice to Mota-Engil Peru in connection with the negotiation of an ISDA Master Agreement in order for Mota-Engil Peru to enter into a swap transaction with a multinational bank.
- Advised Ferreycorp SAA in connection with its offer to purchase for cash up to USD 100 million aggregate principal amount of its outstanding 4.875% Senior Guaranteed Notes due 2020.
- Assisted a group of international banks as initial purchasers on a USD 800 million notes issuance by Peruvian development bank COFIDE.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York Bar Association - Member
- Lima Bar Association - Member
- Peru (2012)
- New York~United States (2007)
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D.) (2006)
- Georgetown University (B.A.) (1998)
Estudio Echecopar is a member firm of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein