Mauricio joined Baker McKenzie in 2002 as a law clerk and he is an associate since 2005. In 2013, he became senior associate and leader of the patent practice. Mauricio has been lecturer and professor of industrial property, competition law, torts and liability and administrative law in the Law Schools of the Rosario University and El Bosque University in Bogota.
Mauricio is member of the Colombian Association of IP (ACPI) and the National Group of AIPPI.
His practice focuses on patents and IP litigation, before the Patent and Trademark Office and the Council of State, Supreme Court for administrative matters in Colombia, with experience in unfair competition and consumer protection.
Representative Legal Matters
- Successfully represented a multinational agrochemical company in patent infringement action, obtaining preliminary injunctions and further settlement.
- Successfully defended the patentability of invention of a multinational agrochemical company.
- Successfully defended the patentability of a new polymorph of a compound used in a key medicament for cancer treatment for a multinational pharmaceutical company.
- Colombia (2005)
- McGill University, Montreal (LLM) (2014)
- Universidad Colegio Mayor de Nuestra Señora del Rosario (Administrative Law) (2008)
- Universidad Colegio Mayor de Nuestra Señora del Rosario (Law Degree) (2005)