Joanna's practice focuses on commercial real estate and notarial law. She acts for Dutch and foreign institutional investors and multinationals, pension funds, property developers as well as governmental and semi-governmental agencies. She regularly advises on commercial real estate transactions (acquisitions, sales and mortgages in connection with offices, retail centres, logistics centres, residential portfolio’s and hotels) as well as project development and the related contracts such as (turnkey) sale and purchase agreements and implementation agreements.
Apart from advising on commercial real estate transactions and project development Joanna regularly advises her clients on the setting up of real estate property law structures including real property rights such as ground lease rights, rights of superficies (building rights), easements, common-ownership bylaws and the division of property in apartment rights.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Deka Immobilien GmbH, one of Germany's largest open-ended real estate funds, in several sale and acquisition transactions in connection with offices, hotels and logistic centres.
- Advised US developer-investor Greystar on the setting up of real estate property law structures with regard to its European residential investments and development projects, including the creation of various rights of superficies, rights of ground lease and the division of property in apartment rights.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Royal Dutch Association of Civil-Law Notaries (KNB)
- Dutch Association of Court Interpreters and Legal Translators SIGV
- Amsterdam~Netherlands (2018)
- Grotius Academy (Specialization Course Property Law)
- University of Utrecht (Notarial Law cum laude)
- University of Utrecht (English Language and Literature)