Francisco José Bauzá is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Madrid office, where he advises mainly on banking and corporate matters. He has been recognized as a leading individual by various legal directories. Before joining the Firm in 2013, Mr. Bauzá worked for a local law firm and acted as general counsel for two large international banks operating in Spain.
Mr. Bauzá advises on banking and corporate law, with particular focus on banking, corporate and M&A Law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted as external legal counsel to several foreign banks operating in Spain such as Lloyds Banking Group, The Royal Bank of Scotland, Citigroup, Crédit Agricole, Bankia and Société Générale, among others.
- Acting as external legal counsel to several Spanish companies such as Amma Gerogestión, Congelados de Navarra, Iberpay, Laboratorios Leti, and Grupo Diego Zamora, among others.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Madrid Bar Association - Member
- Legal Corps of the Spanish Army - Member
- Madrid~Spain (1984)
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Doctor of Law) (1983)
- University of Bonn (Doctor of Law) (1982)
- University of Munich (Recognition of Law Degree) (1980)
- University of Navarra (Law Degree) (1978)
- Universidad San Pablo CEU (Associate Professor of Corporate Law (1984-1989))
- Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE), Madrid (Associate Professor of Corporate Law (1990-2001))