Cécile focuses her practice on public and private international securities offerings, including the representation of non-US based companies in transactions involving US federal securities laws. She has extensive experience in representing Australian and New Zealand issuers, investors and investment banks on US and international securities offerings, including Australian and New Zealand IPOs with a US tranche, placements, block trades, entitlement offers, high-yield and investment grade Rule 144A debt offerings and US debt private placements.
Cécile’s transactional experience encompasses a broad range of sectors, including aviation, banking, biotech, energy, fast-moving consumer goods, financial services, infrastructure, media, mining and resources, pharmaceuticals, professional services, property, retailing and technology.
Cécile also advises bidders and targets on the financings and US securities laws aspects of mergers and acquisitions. In addition, she has provided US securities and corporate law advice to some of Australia’s leading companies.
Representative Legal Matters
Equity Capital Markets - IPOs
- The joint lead managers of Life 360, Inc.'s AUD 145 million IPO via an offering of CHESS Depositary Interests over shares of common stock
- Viva Energy Group Limited on its AUD 2.6 billion IPO
- Viva Energy REIT in its AUD 990 million IPO
- WiseTech Global Limited on its AUD167 million IPO
- The Commonwealth of Australia and Medibank Private Limited on Medibank’s AUD 5.7 billion privatization and IPO
- The underwriters of Mesoblast’s US initial public offering and Nasdaq listing
Equity Capital Markets - Secondary Offerings
- Auckland International Airport Limited on its NZD 1.2 billion institutional placement and share purchase plan
- Macquarie Group Limited on its 1.6 billion institutional placement and share purchase plan
- Westpac Banking Corporation on its AUD 2.5 billion institutional placement and share purchase plan in 2020
- The joint lead managers on several capital raisings by Transurban, including most recently a AUD 500 million institutional placement in 2019
- New York~United States (2000)
- Columbia University School of Law (Juris Doctor)
- Université Paris I Panthéon Sorbonne (Bachelor of Law)