Bryce Bartlett is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie's Corporate and M&A Practice Group in Johannesburg.
Bryce is experienced in private acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures, private equity, group restructurings and other general corporate matters.
His experience spans various industry sectors including mining, healthcare, telecommunications, construction and chemicals, many of which have a cross-border element.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised JSE-listed Aveng Limited regarding its balance sheet restructuring and associated rights offers, with an overall transaction value of more than ZAR 1.5 billion.
- Advised JSE-listed Impala Platinum Holdings Limited on its acquisition of TSX-listed North American Palladium Limited, now Impala Canada, with a transaction value of CAD 1 billion.
- Advised Equity Capital Partners on its acquisition of Burger King South Africa with a transaction value of c. ZAR 600 million.
- Advised an international chemical distribution company on its acquisition of chemical distribution businesses in the UAE, Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
- Advised a leading South African security company in relation to its broad-based black economic empowerment transaction with a transaction value of c. ZAR 685 million.
- Advised Brenntag Holding (BV) on its exit from its joint venture arrangement with AECI Limited through the acquisition of the remaining interest in Crest Chemicals (Pty) Ltd for c. ZAR 390 million.
Prior to joining the Firm:
- Advised a private equity client in its investment into a natural gas company in Nigeria (UK).
- Advised a Norwegian aircraft leasing company on the divestment of a minority interest of its shares to an investment fund (UK).
- Advised an American food industry corporation in its bidding process for the acquisition of Thai and European poultry businesses (UK).
- Advised a largescale South African services company in respect of its acquisition of various businesses in the UK.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Legal Practice Council, South Africa - Member
- Law Society of South Africa - Member
- South Africa (2017)
- University of the Witwatersrand (LLB) (2014)