Beat Barthold is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Zurich office. He has extensive experience in a broad range of corporate transactions, including complex domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions, demergers, reorganizations, disposals and joint ventures with focus on financial institutions, healthcare and industrials.
He has been recognized by the leading Legal Directories such as Chambers Global, Chambers Europe and IFLR1000 as leading lawyer in M&A for many years in a row. He is also ranked as a leading lawyer in the IFLR1000 guide.
Beat has published numerous articles and is a sought-after speaker and panelist at national and international conferences.
Beat regularly advises banks, financial institutions and other corporate clients, both listed and privately held, on transactional, corporate, M&A and contractual issues relating to their market industries. His practice also covers corporate finance and private equity transactions, including debt finance transactions, acquisition finance and mezzanine and structured finance.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted The Aduno Group in its divestment in acquiring/Terminal segment of Aduno SA to SIX Payment Services AG. Aduno Group.
- Advised a healthcare product manufacturer Baitella Holding AG, as it is sold to a group of investors in Switzerland.
- Advised Clariant in connection with the structuring and documentation of the CHF 500 million Swiss law governed multicurrency revolving credit facility.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Zurich Bar Association
- Swiss Bar Association
- Wilhelm Schulthess-Stiftung Zurich - Member of the Board of Directors
- Kieser Training AG - Member of the Board of Directors
- Switzerland (1991)
- University of Basel (Dr. iur) (1996)
- University of Basel (Law Degree) (1988)