Pippin Barry is an associate in the Dispute Resolution at Baker McKenzie, Melbourne. Pippin joined the Firm in 2014 and focuses on general commercial litigation, particularly in shareholder and cross-border investment disputes. He holds a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Melbourne.
Since joining the Firm, Pippin has worked with clients on a variety of commercial law and corporate law matters including derivative leave applications, oppression proceedings and liquidations. He has experience managing cross-border litigation and dealing with both the legal and logistical issues that parties face when managing a dispute in foreign jurisdiction.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for a major manufacturer in dispute with minority shareholders regarding the management of a subsidiary that led to proceedings in Australia, China and Japan.
- Acted for a major gas and oil provider in relation to workplace injury litigation in the New South Wales Supreme Court.
- Victoria~Australia (2014)
- University of Melbourne (J.D.) (2012)
- University of Melbourne (Bachelor of Arts) (2010)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.