Verónica Barrios is a member of the M&A Group Firm's Santiago office. She joined Baker & McKenzie Santiago in 2021 as a Junior Associate.
Verónica has been a teaching assistant for Public International Law at Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile Law School since 2017. Previously, she had been teaching assistant for Introduction to Asian Law (2017-2020), in the same university.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Ecopetrol on its agreement with the Ministry of Finance and Public Credit of Colombia to acquire its 51.4% stake in Interconexión Eléctrica (ISA). Baker McKenzie Chile's participation consisted in helping Ecopetrol in the Due Diligence process, with respect to the companies located in Chile, which Ecopetrol acquired as a result of the transaction. Also advise Ecopetrol in relation to the notification before the different corresponding local authorities (i.e. MOP, CMF, CNE, etc.).
- Advised Xylem Water Solution S.A. in legal counseling with regard to the spin and merger of Sensus Chile into Xylem Chile.
- Chile (2021)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (2019)
- University College London (2017)
- Universidad de Salamanca Spain (2017)