Eduardo Barboza is knowledgeable in contracts, real estate, negotiation and arbitration. He develops his practice advising in contractual, real estate and alternative dispute resolution matters. Eduardo is also actively involved in arbitration, both as lawyer and arbitrator. He is the head of the civil law practice (Peru) and he is also a member of the Finance Committee of Estudio Echecopar. Before joining the Firm, he worked in an American law firm as part of its Latin America Practice Group.
Eduardo was recognized by Latin Lawyer as one of the top 20 Peruvian lawyers under 40. In addition, he ranked frequently in Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 directories. He has been a professor of Contract Law at Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru since 1999.
Eduardo’s practice focuses on civil constitutional law, government contracts, privatizations and concessions, and litigation and arbitration. He has also worked on significant acquisitions, divestitures and other transactions in the country. He is also an arbitrator for the Lima Chamber of Commerce, OSCE. H and the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised ATC (American Tower) on several real estate matters required in the development and operation of telecoms equipment and installations.
- Advised MARMAG, a private company, on the real estate aspects of the development of the largest marine facility ever built in Peru, which will occupy 50,000 sq.m. in the coast of Lima.
- Assisted a real estate fund, FIBRA LVC II, with the USD 4.5 million acquisition of 1,560.10 sq.m. of land in San Isidro Business Center, adjacent to what will be the future Camino Real Commercial Centre in Lima.
- Advised Goldman Sachs & Co. on the acquisition of several real estate properties owned by a Peruvian bank entity, as part of a mortgage loan and real estate portfolio.
- Advising Parque Arauco, the company operating Larcomar Mall, one of Lima's most exclusive shopping center, in several real estate matters related to a fire in November 2017 in one of the spaces operated by a tenant, which caused different types of damages.
- Peru (1997)
- University of Virginia (LLM) (1999)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (LLB) (1997)