Louise Balsan is an associate in the Firm’s Palo Alto office whose practice focuses on domestic and international employment law. She regularly advises on employment matters related to cross-border transactions, including mergers, acquisitions and integration.
Ms. Balsan advises clients on a wide range of domestic and international employment-related matters, including pre-employment issues involving offer letters, employment agreements, consulting agreements and proprietary information agreements, to matters arising during employment, such as bonus and commission plans, leave issues and employee policies. She also assists in planning for terminations, including reductions in force, redundancies, and performance terminations. Ms. Balsan also advises on cross-border projects involving secondments and employee transfers, compensation plans, as well as global cost-cutting measures.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- California State Bar Association - Member
- American Bar Association - Employment Section
- California~United States (2012)
- University of California - Berkeley (Boalt Hall School of Law) (LL.M.) (2011)
- Universite Paris Ouest Nanterre la Defense (Master's Degree Comparative Law) (2009)
- Universite Paris Ouest Nanterre la Defense (Master's Degree Civil Law/Common Law) (2008)
- Universite Paris Ouest Nanterre la Defense (LL.B. Civil Law/Common Law) (2007)