Jacek Balicki is a counsel in the Warsaw office of Baker McKenzie. Prior to joining the Firm, Jacek worked in international consulting companies and law firms for ten years.
Jacek focuses on mergers and acquisitions, particularly in the technology, media and telecommunications and food, manufacturing, and consumer goods sectors. Jacek has successfully managed several complex domestic and cross-border transactions including some of the largest M&A transactions in Poland, both private and public. Jacek is also experienced in warranty and indemnity insurance.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Technology Crossover Ventures in its minority investment in Grupa Pracuj and a joint venture with the founders of Grupa Pracuj.
- Represented TVN, one of the largest TV broadcasters in Poland, in the sale of a minority stake in Grupa Onet, one of the leading internet platforms in Poland, to Ringier Axel Springer.
- Represented Polski Fundusz Rozwoju, PGNiG, Energa, and PGE in their PLN 500 million investment in Polska Grupa Górnicza, one of the largest coal producers in Europe.
- Represented high net worth individuals in the sale of a majority stake in Torf Corporation, a cosmetics producer, to Resource Partners and a joint venture with Resource Partners.
- Represented Innova Capital in its investment in Grupa Netsprint and a joint venture with Dirlango, a Polish venture capital firm.
- Represented Oaktree in its acquisition of ProService Agent Transferowy, a fintech company, from Highlander Partners.
- Represented a high net worth individual in a sale of 100% of shares in Sonko to Coast2Coast and a joint venture with Coast2Coast.
- Represented ITI Group, then one of the largest media groups in Poland, in its sale of a controlling interest in TVN to Scripps Networks Interactive for EUR 600 million.
- Represented Montagu Private Equity in its sale of 100% stake in EmiTel, the largest operator of tower infrastructure in Poland, to Alinda Capital Partners.
- Represented Hortex, one of the largest food processing companies in Poland, in its acquisition of Ren and Marywilska from the founders.
- Poland (2012)
- Jagiellonian University (MA) (2007)
- Columbus Law School (LLM) (2007)
Baker & McKenzie Krzyzowski i Wspólnicy Spólka Komandytowa