As a patent practitioner, Bryce has worked on a wide variety of technologies, but has the most experience in the areas of hardware or software inventions. He often works with small- to medium-sized companies, helping them to develop competitive patent portfolios for their given technology space. Bryce often assists in developing creative ways to craft a company's patents, or to help reduce abstract ideas into more concrete technological elements. He also works with design patents, including giving guidance on their use to help companies protect the visual elements of their software programs. Bryce also works to furnish general IP strategy and advice to his clients, helping them to lay out a plan for both their business and assets as they begin entering the market. Bryce's experience with patent matters includes:
- Helping a social media company develop a market-leading patent portfolio, claiming valuable IP in the newly emerging field of social audio.
- Advising a blockchain-based payment solution company on developing a highly competitive patent portfolio that offers protection for many different iterations of its business.
- Advising an early-stage company on the potential valuation for its core IP.
- Advising an early-stage company on the different IP strategies that could be leveraged in order to provide adequate protection as it enters the market.
In the technology transactional space, Bryce typically assists with the diligence process of mergers and acquisitions, helping to provide perspective and advice when it comes to matters of IP and data privacy. He also assists with contractual drafting, helping his clients to protect valuable IP assets when they are engaging in partnerships, purchases, or business ventures with other companies. Bryce's experience with technology transactional matters includes:
- Providing IP assessment and suggestions during the diligence process for multiple video game production and development companies.
- Assessing IP and data privacy risks during the diligence process of mergers and acquisitions and advised clients on how to respond to the same, including in-depth analysis of relevant commercial agreements, for a nine-figure acquisition of a streaming media company.
- Advised a software development company on IP issues relating to protection of proprietary materials and source code in the context of an eight-figure acquisition.
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas (2022)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas (2022)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas (2022)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit (2022)
- Texas~United States (2020)
- University of Georgia School of Law, USA (JD, cum laude) (2020)
- Georgia Institute of Technology (BS Electrical Engineering with honors) (2016)
- Author, "Innovation and Accountability: Asking Better Questions in Implementing Generative AI," Connect On Tech, The Cybersecurity Law Report, August 2023
- Author, "Protecting your blockchain technology through patents," Managing IP, November 2022
- Author, "Protecting your IP at the source: licensing and other transactions," Reuters, January 2023
- Author, "Five steps to optimising continuation applications at the USPTO," Managing IP, December 2021