Representative Legal Matters
Josephine’s recent M&A and other transactional experience includes:
Advised One Equity Partners in acquisition of ORS Medco business in multijurisdictional carve-out from Essendant Corp.
Advised One Equity Partners in sale of Sonneborn, LLC, a multinational producer of specialty refined petroleum products, to Holly Frontier.
Advised Monomoy Capital Partners in multijurisdictional leveraged buyout of Kauffman Engineering.
Advised AbbVie on multi-jurisdictional pre- and immediate post-closing corporate restructuring in connection with its acquisition of Allergan.
Advised Servier on its acquisition of Shire's global oncology business for USD 2.4 billion.
Advised a foreign venture capital fund in its acquisition of a minority stake in a biotechnology company in the US as the US counsel.
Advised publicly registered non-traded REIT in the offering of its convertible preferred stock worth USD 125 million to a trust sponsored by one of the major investment banks in Korea.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member
- Korean American Bar Association of Chicago - Member
- Illinois~United States (2017)
- Columbia Law School, United States (JD) (2017)
- Georgetown University (BS, cum laude) (2013)
- Beijing Normal University (Language Program) (2012)