Marcela has more than seven years of experience in Commercial and Corporate Law. She joined the firm in 2015 as member of the Companies, Reorganizations and Investment Practice Group in Bogota. She was granted with the “Global Legal Studies Scholarship” offered by the Firm in 2018.
Marcela practices in the area of corporate law, foreign investment law, corporate restructure processes (mergers and acquisitions) and corporate structures analysis. In her experience, she has given advice to international companies and has coordinated transnational projects. She has also given advice to local and international companies in the incorporation of their businesses in Colombia, transfer of funds, restructures, transfer and issuance of shares, mergers, bylaw amendments, registration in the bidders register, foreign investment registration with the Central Bank and liquidation of companies.
Representative Legal Matters
- Marcela coordinated the implementation in Latin America of a project derived from the merger of two large telecommunication companies. This project involved more than 10 jurisdictions locally and more than 50 jurisdictions globally.
- Advised on the merger of two large telecommunication companies.
- Advised in the restructure of an infrastructure company in Colombia in order to maintain the contractual experience acquired before the spin-off abroad occurred.
- She offered a workshop to ex-convicted people from Acción Interna Foundation about the incorporation of companies in Colombia and entrepreneurship opportunities. The Fundación Probono Colombia granted Marcela with a special recognition for her work during the workshop.
- Colombia (2013)
- Universidad Colegio Mayor de Nuestra Señora del Rosario (Specialist in Commercial Law) (2015)
- Universidad Colegio Mayor de Nuestra Señora del Rosario (Lawyer) (2013)
- Washington College of Law (Diploma in International Technology Licensing Agreement) (2013)
- Washington College of Law (Diploma in Intellectual Property Management and Business Strategy) (2013)
Baker & McKenzie S.A.S., is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein