Hector Aviles is a member of the Tax Practice Group in Baker McKenzie's Mexico City office. He joined the Firm in November 2011.
Mr. Aviles focuses his practice on tax planning and litigation in connection with tax, administrative law and constitutional matters. He has also been involved in amparo claims, tax audits, consulting, and bidding matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Participated in various tax litigation proceedings against the Ministry of Finance and Public Credit.
- Participated in developing a strategy and in following up several amparo actions in tax matters.
- Represented industry clients in tax audits and litigation requests from authorities, assisted in determining omitted contributions in the audit and participated as tax expert in corresponding litigation.
- Participated in the development of strategies involving the litigation of public bidding matters.
- Participated in diverse queries for the interpretation of tax provisions.
- Mexico (2011)
- Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (Diploma Tax) (2012)
- Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (Bachelor's Degree Law) (2011)