Franco Aversa is a partner at Baker McKenzie. He is experienced in major projects with a focus on front-end construction law. He is qualified in legal and building industries.
Franco advises clients on the documentation and negotiation of major infrastructure projects in various sectors (including government, PPP, rail, water, mining, telecommunications and renewables).
Franco also advises clients from time to time on contentious project administration and construction disputes.
Franco has acted for sponsors/owners, debt financiers, equity participants, contractors and operators.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted on some of Australia's largest public-private-partnership deals.
- Acted for state governments and some of Australia's largest, most prestigious construction and infrastructure entities on headline infrastructure projects.
- Advised renewable energy developers on the design and construction of wind and solar farms across Australia.
- Advised on the design and construction of large natural resources projects.
- Acted for developers on major property acquisitions and sales.
- Advised construction and engineering companies on the preparation and negotiation of major supply agreements with local and global suppliers.
- Advised equity investors on the acquisition of construction and infrastructure assets.
- Advised operators on the privatisation of transport infrastructure services such as buses, ferries and light rail.
- Best Lawyers
- Rising Star of Construction Law
- New South Wales~Australia (2006)
- University of New South Wales (LL.B. (1st class Honours equivalent)) (2005)
- University of New South Wales (Bachelor's Degree (1st class Honours) ) (2003)