Franco Aversa is a special counsel at Baker McKenzie. He is experienced in major projects with a focus on front-end construction law. He is qualified in legal and building industries. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie as a special counsel, Franco was an associate in another major Australian law firm, a senior associate at Baker McKenzie and, most recently, a senior legal counsel at Abigroup Limited.
Franco has wide-spread transactional experience in major infrastructure projects including public private partnerships (PPPs) and privately financed infrastructure projects including, more recently, acting for bidders on a number of privately financed Australian wind farm projects. He also has extensive experience in the documentation and negotiation of process plant projects (water/salt), mining and coal-seam gas projects and major procurement and supply contracts (national and international).
Franco has acted for sponsors/owners, debt financiers, equity participants, contractors and operators.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted on some of Australia's largest public-private-partnership deals.
- Acted for state governments and some of Australia's largest, most prestigious, construction and infrastructure entities on headline infrastructure projects.
- Advised renewable energy developers on the design and construction of wind farms across Australia.
- Advised on the design and construction of large natural resources projects.
- Acted for developers on major property acquisitions and sales.
- Advised construction and engineering companies on the preparation and negotiation of major supply agreements with local and global suppliers.
- New South Wales~Australia (2006)
- University of New South Wales (LL.B.) (2005)
- University of New South Wales (Bachelor's Degree) (2003)