Representative Legal Matters
Obtained complete defense verdict in six-week jury trial for global, publicly traded enterprise software company and its US subsidiary, and obtained defense verdict on six of eight claims for the foreign subsidiary in the Superior Court of California, Santa Clara County.
Obtained confirmation of USD 84 million foreign arbitral award in the United States District Court for the Central District of California.
Obtained defense verdict and award of over USD 2.2 million for non-profit entity in breach of contract arbitration.
Obtained judgment by a motion to dismiss on standing and jurisdiction grounds in a consumer class action alleging manufacturing defects, breach of warranty and false advertising under various states’ consumer protection statutes.
Obtained summary judgment for global online travel booking company in putative nationwide class action asserting TCPA violations and successfully defended that ruling before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Obtained dismissal on behalf of international restaurant operator and franchisor in a putative data breach class action filed in the US District Court for the Western District of Washington, Seattle alleging negligence and violations of state consumer protection statutes resulting from a cyber attack aimed at personally identifiable information of online consumers.
Obtained preliminary and permanent injunctions, summary judgment and award of attorneys' fees in the US District Court for the Central District of California, Los Angeles on behalf of an international clothing retailer enforcing non-competition agreements covering five states.
Defended appeal of an interpleader action before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Represented telecommunications provider in litigation under the False Claims Act and California False Claims Act in state and federal courts.
Obtained favorable settlements and dismissal for fraud and breach of contract claims filed in California state and federal courts.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Northern California
- Provided pro bono legal services to the San Francisco Blue Ribbon Panel on Transparency, Accountability, and Fairness in Law Enforcement during its investigation into potential bias in San Francisco’s law enforcement agencies.
- California~United States (2014)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit~United States (2017)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit~United States (2016)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California~United States (2016)
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California~United States (2016)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California~United States (2017)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California~United States (2017)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit~United States (2020)
- Vanderbilt University School of Law (JD) (2014)
- Georgetown University (BA, magna cum laude) (2011)
- San Francisco
- Co-author, “Federal Food Label Class Actions Face Growing Headwinds,” Law360.com, September 2019
- Co-author, "A Common Thread In California 'Organic' Textile Lawsuits," Law360.com, September 2017