Nasri Ashkar is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Banking, Finance, and Major Projects practice in Chicago and is a member of the Restructuring & Insolvency Group. Prior to obtaining his JD and MBA degrees from Northwestern University School of Law and Northwestern University Kellogg School of Management, Mr. Ashkar worked for several years in investment banking in the Middle East, where he managed and advised on a broad variety of deals, including equity offerings, syndicated loans, project finance, infrastructure development, and Islamic bonds.
Mr. Ashkar represents lenders and borrowers in secured and unsecured financing transactions, project financing, and financial restructurings.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a private equity fund in the debt financing of the leveraged acquisition of two leading fabricators, distributors and installers of specialty building products.
- Represented secured lenders in a multi-billion dollar oil and gas bankruptcy and restructuring.
- Represented secured lenders in the restructuring of multiple credit facilities extended to an oil and gas investment group.
- Represented borrowers and lenders on US components of cross-border financings in various industries.
- Represented an investor in the structuring and debt financing of the leveraged acquisition of a private consultancy firm.
- Advised lenders and investors on financial regulation matters in connection with structuring and lending activities in the US.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chicago Council on Global Affairs - Member
- CFA Society Chicago - Member
- CFA Society Jordan - Member
- Chicago Symphony Orchestra Overture Council - Member
- The People’s Music School - Associate Board Member
- Illinois~United States (2015)
- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D. cum laude) (2015)
- Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University (MBA) (2015)
- CFA Institute (CFA Charterholder) (2009)
- University of Indianapolis (B.S. Economics/Finance and Music magna cum laude) (2005)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.