Pornpinant (Nattaya) Asawawattanaporn
Pornpinant Asawawattanaporn joined Baker McKenzie in 1988 and became a partner in 2001. An active member of the Firm's Capital Markets & Securitization, Corporate & Commercial, Restructuring & Insolvency, Major Projects, as well as Mergers & Acquisitions practice groups, she advises clients on myriad corporate law, securities law and corporate governance matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented various issuers, major shareholders and financial advisors/underwriters in share offerings through initial public offerings.
- Advised listed and non-listed companies — as well as local and foreign investors — in relation to the amalgamation of companies, business transfers, delistings, and recapitalization.
- Advised local and foreign banks, and listed and non-listed companies, in connection with the issuance and offering of financial instruments in Thailand and abroad.
- Assisted major Thai commercial banks in connection with the issuance and sale of preferred shares and subordinated bonds.
- Provided legal advice in connection with corporate structures and joint ventures for both Thai and foreign institutions.
- Recommended Lawyer in Capital Markets: Debt and Equity, PLC Which Lawyer?, 2012-2013.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Thai Bar
- New York State Bar Association
- Law Society of Thailand
- Thailand (1990)
- Pennsylvania State University (LL.M.) (1997)
- Ramkhamhaeng University (B.A.) (1993)
- Thammasat University (LL.B.) (1984)
"New Rules for Connected Transactions," Baker McKenzie
"New SEC Regulations on Debenture Issues," Baker McKenzie
"The Public Limited Companies Act (No. 2) B.E. 2544," Baker McKenzie
Speaker, "Company Secretaries and Effective Minutes Taking," Thai Institute of Directors’ Programs