Pornpinant Asawawattanaporn joined Baker McKenzie in 1988 and became a partner in 2001. An active member of the Firm's Capital Markets & Securitization, Corporate & Commercial, Restructuring & Insolvency, Major Projects, as well as Mergers & Acquisitions practice groups, she advises clients on myriad corporate law, securities law and corporate governance matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented various issuers, major shareholders and financial advisors/underwriters in share offerings through initial public offerings.
- Advised listed and non-listed companies — as well as local and foreign investors — in relation to the amalgamation of companies, business transfers, delistings, and recapitalization.
- Advised local and foreign banks, and listed and non-listed companies, in connection with the issuance and offering of financial instruments in Thailand and abroad.
- Assisted major Thai commercial banks in connection with the issuance and sale of preferred shares and subordinated bonds.
- Provided legal advice in connection with corporate structures and joint ventures for both Thai and foreign institutions.
- Recommended Lawyer in Capital Markets: Debt and Equity, PLC Which Lawyer?, 2012-2013.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Thai Bar
- New York State Bar Association
- Law Society of Thailand
- Thailand (1990)
- Pennsylvania State University (LL.M.) (1997)
- Ramkhamhaeng University (B.A.) (1993)
- Thammasat University (LL.B.) (1984)