Claudia is an associate at Estudio Echecopar member firm of Baker & McKenzie International. She focuses her practice in the structuring, development and performance of highly complex projects of transportation infrastructure, construction (EPC, EPCM, PCM, PMO, FIDIC and other kind of project management), telecommunications, sanitation and works for taxes. In addition, Claudia has advised in international and domestic arbitration. She has participated in major international arbitrations under the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules and the International Arbitration Chamber of Paris Rules, conducted in Spanish and English.
Representative Legal Matters
- Participated in important international and domestic arbitrations representing the Peruvian Government, government bodies and private companies, regarding to concession agreements, transportation infrastructure, private investments, construction, etc.
- Advised a highway concessionaire in an international commercial arbitration regarding to a toll dispute. The arbitration is seated in Washington D.C. and is conducted under UNCITRAL Rules. Our client recently obtained a favorable award.
- Advised a highway concessionaire in an international commercial arbitration regarding to toll tariff. The arbitration is seated in Paris and is conducted under International Arbitration Chamber of Paris Rules.
- Represented concessionaires in international commercial arbitrations regarding to concession agreements of highway infrastructure and highly complex disputes of economic, technical and legal issues that arises in the performance of the contracts.
- Represented an airport concessionaire in several domestic arbitrations regarding to the performance of the concession agreement. These proceedings are seated in Lima and are conducted under Lima Chamber of Commerce Rules.
- Advised a Mexican concessionaire of an important PPP Contract of a national telecommunication project.She advises a Colombian concessionaire in the performance of PPP Contract "Tramo Vial: Ovalo Chancay / Dv. Variante Pasamayo - Huaral- Acos". This road Project involves rehabilitation, maintenance and operation activities. Her advice includes the structuring and development of Addendums of the PPP Contract, and the participation in direct negotiations during the contractual performance.
- Advised a private company in the performance of construction contracts, including the PMC, PMO and EPC contracts, and different kinds of project managements.
- Advised Consorcio Fypasa, successful bidder, in the procurement procedure for the award of the Project "Sistema de Tratamiento de Aguas Residuales - PTAR Titicaca".
- Advised a Spanish concessionaire in the performance of PPP Contract. This road Project involves rehabilitation, maintenance and operation activities. Her advice includes the structuring and development of Addendums of the PPP Contract.
- Participated in advising foreign investors regarding to potential breaches of international investment treaties.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Founder of Forseti Law Review (DERUP EDITORES Association) of the Law School of the Universidad del Pacifico.
- Former Member of the official team that represented the Universidad del Pacifico in International Competitions of International Commercial Arbitration.
- Peru (2021)
- Geneva Center of International Dispute Settlement and University of Geneva (Latin American International Arbitration Course) (2020)
- Universidad del Pacifico (Law Degree) (2020)
- Universidad del Pacifico (Law Graduate) (2018)
- King's College London (The Dickson Poon School of Law) (2016)
- Co-author of the Thesis "El efecto de las designaciones repetitivas en la independencia e imparcialidad de los árbitros bajo el sistema arbitral peruano", 2020
- Co-author of the Article "La muerte de la confidencialidad en el arbitraje", Enfoque de Derecho, 2018
- Claudia is coach of the official team that represents the Universidad del Pacífico in International Competitions of International Commercial Arbitration organized by Universidad Carlos III (Madrid) and UNCITRAL, and the Universidad de Buenos Aires (Argentina) and Universidad del Rosario (Colombia).