Claudia is an associate at Estudio Echecopar member firm of Baker & McKenzie International. She focuses her practice in International and Domestic Arbitration. She has participated in major international arbitrations under the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules and the International Arbitration Chamber of Paris Rules, conducted in Spanish and English.
Her experience also includes the advice in the structuring, development and performance of highly complex projects of transportation infrastructure, construction (EPC, EPCM, PCM, PMO, NEC, FIDIC and other kind of project management), telecommunications, sanitation and works for taxes.
Representative Legal Matters
Participated in important international and domestic arbitrations representing the Peruvian Government, government bodies and private companies, regarding to concession agreements, transportation infrastructure, private investments, construction, among others.
Successfully represented a highway concessionaire in an international commercial arbitration with regard to a toll dispute, with the arbitration seated in Washington D.C. and conducted under UNCITRAL Rules. Our client recently obtained a favorable award.
Represented a highway concessionaire in an international commercial arbitration with regard to toll tariff, with the arbitration seated in Paris and conducted under International Arbitration Chamber of Paris Rules.
Assisted concessionaires in international commercial arbitrations regarding concession agreements of highway infrastructure and highly complex disputes of economic, technical and legal issues that arises in the performance of the contracts, and preparing complex cross-examinations to economic and technical experts.
Represented an airport concessionaire in several domestic arbitrations regarding to the performance of the concession agreement, with the proceedings seated in Lima and conducted under Lima Chamber of Commerce Rules.
Advised a Mexican concessionaire on a major PPP Contract of a national telecommunication project.
Advised a Colombian concessionaire on the structuring and development of addendums of its PPP Contract, and participated in direct negotiations during the contractual performance of a PPP contract "Tramo Vial: Ovalo Chancay / Dv. Variante Pasamayo - Huaral- Acos". The project involved rehabilitation, maintenance and operation activities.
Advised a private company on the performance of construction contracts, including the PMC, PMO and EPC contracts, and different kinds of project management.
Advised a private company on negotiations of the performance of agro-industrial projects, which included the analysis of EPC contracts and technical specific documents.
Part of the team that advised Consorcio Fypasa, the successful bidder, on the procurement procedure for the award of the Project "Sistema de Tratamiento de Aguas Residuales - PTAR Titicaca."
Advised a Spanish concessionaire on the structuring and development of addendums in the performance of PPP Contract. The road project involved rehabilitation, maintenance and operation activities.
Participated in advising foreign investors regarding to potential breaches of international investment treaties.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Lima Bar Association - Member
- Founder of Forseti Law Review (DERUP EDITORES Association) of the Law School of the Universidad del Pacífico
- Former Member of the official team that represented the Universidad del Pacífico in International Competitions of International Commercial Arbitration organized by Universidad Carlos III (Madrid) and UNCITRAL, and organized by the Universidad de Buenos Aires (Argentina) and Universidad del Rosario (Colombia)
- Peru (2021)
- Delos Dispute Resolution (Remote Oral Advocacy Programme, First LATAM Edition) (2021)
- Geneva Center of International Dispute Settlement and University of Geneva (Latin American International Arbitration Course) (2020)
- Universidad del Pacifico (Law Degree) (2020)
- Universidad del Pacifico (Law Graduate) (2018)
- King's College London (The Dickson Poon School of Law) (2016)
- Arbitrator in Cross-Examination Moot hosted by Sciences Po University and supported by New York University, Queen Mary University of London and National University of Singapore, 2022
- Co-author of Articles "Nuevas normas de APP: creación y reglamentación del OEGEP" and "Nuevas normas de APP: highlights de la norma adicionales al menú existente", Asociación para el Fomento de la Infraestructura Nacional (AFIN), Quincenary 306, 2022. These publications were taken as a reference by the Peruvian Official Gazette "El Peruano"
- Arbitrator in the Interuniversity Arbitration Competition hosted by ICC Costa Rica, 2022
- Author of the Article "Las designaciones repetitivas de los árbitros en el Arbitraje Internacional", Forseti Law Review, Edition 16, 2022
- Author of the Article "¿Las Asociaciones Público-Privadas en el Perú se alinean a los estándares internacionales? Reflexiones a propósito de las Disposiciones Legales Modelo de la CNUDMI sobre las Alianzas Público Privadas", Advocatus Law Review, Edition 41, 2022
- Arbitrator in the International Children's Rights Moot Court of hosted by Baker Mckenzie and Universiteit Leiden, 2021