Katsuyuki Aoki is a member of the Firm's Real Estate group in Tokyo. Prior to joining the Firm, he worked at a major domestic law firm specializing in real estate transactions.
Katsuyuki's practice focuses mainly on development, liquidation/securitization and real estate transactions involving residences, commercial facilities, hotels and logistics facilities. He assists Japanese and foreign companies with documentation and negotiation and provides legal advice.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Japanese and non-Japanese funds and asset management companies in various real estate development, liquidation/securitization and real estate transactions involving residences, commercial facilities, hotels and logistics facilities using GK-TK, TMK and real estate specified joint enterprise structures.
- Advised Japanese real estate companies on crowd funding projects in connection with the Real Estate Specified Joint Enterprise Act.
- Advised Japanese asset management companies with respect to private REIT management and general legal advice.
- Represented a major non-Japanese company with respect to a dispute over the termination of a building lease agreement.
- Represented a Japanese company with respect to a dispute over allocation of costs related to the disposal of a buried object.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dai-ni Tokyo Bar Association - Member
- Japan (2014)
- Chuo University (JD) (2013)
- Keio University (Bachelor of Law) (2010)
- Keio University (Bachelor of Economics) (2008)
Co-author, "International Fintech Guide," Multilaw, December 2017
Baker & McKenzie (Gaikokuho Joint Enterprise) is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.