Byron Angelopulo is a partner in the Sydney office of Baker McKenzie where he advises on intellectual property. He handles global and local trade mark prosecution and manages the Firm's trade mark registration and prosecution practice. Byron is recognised as a leading intellectual property lawyer in Australia.
Byron advises on brand protection, commercialization and exploitation of IP, audits, due diligence, portfolio management and utilisation of IP as a commercial asset. He also advises on IP aspects arising in corporate and commercial transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for major Australian entities in handling global and local trade mark prosecution, brand strategy and trade mark portfolio management work.
- Acting for a prominent listed energy company in commercialising patented solar power technology on a global basis.
- Advising one of the world’s leading private equity firms on the IP aspects of a complex, multi-billion dollar transaction involving the formation of a joint venture with a prominent Australian entity.
- Advising foreign entities on complex cross-border transactions.
- Coordinating IP due diligences across multiple jurisdictions and handling the IP aspects of a wide variety of M&A and private equity transactions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia & New Zealand - Member
- Australian Copyright Society - Member
- AusBiotech - Member
- New South Wales~Australia (2002)
- South Africa (1994)
- (LL.B.) (1991)
- University of Cape Town (Master of Arts English) (1986)
- University of Cape Town (B.A. English) (1983)
- (B.A.) (1982)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.