Craig Andrade is a partner in the Sydney office of Baker McKenzie where he advises on private equity, public M&A, and equity capital markets transactions. He has practiced for more than 20 years in New York, London, South Africa and Australia and is recognised as a leading Australian capital markets lawyer and private equity lawyer in Chambers Asia Pacific. He has also been recognised since 2011 as a leading Australian capital markets lawyer in the Asia Pacific Legal 500 and International Who's Who Legal.
Mr. Andrade's practice centres around acting for issuers or underwriters in equity capital markets transactions. He also acts for private equity funds and multinational corporations in contested public and private M&A acquisitions.
Representative Legal Matters
Acting for Platinum Equity, Gresham Private Equity, TPG, CHAMP, KKR, Ironbridge, Next Capital, Baring Private Equity on various acquisitions or disposals.
Acting for Citigroup, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, J P Morgan, Macquarie, RBC Capital Markets and UBS as underwriters of primary and every form of secondary equity raisings.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association - Member
- Law Society of New South Wales - Member
- Victoria~Australia (2002)
- New South Wales~Australia (2002)
- South Africa (1999)
- New York~United States (1996)
- University of Virginia (Master of Laws LL.M.) (1995)
- University of Natal (LL.B. summa cum laude) (1994)
- University of Natal (BComm) (1992)