Paul G. Anderson is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie’s Corporate Markets group in Sydney.
Paul focuses on US and Australian securities laws, equity and debt capital markets, and private and public M&A.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for underwriters in USD 3 billion investment grade notes issued by a global healthcare company based in Switzerland in registered shelf takedown.
- Acting for underwriters in USD 450 million high yield notes issued under Rule 144A by Microsemi to finance acquisition of PMC-Sierra.
- Acting for US initial purchasers in USD 239 million follow on equity offering under Rule 144A by Brazilian issuer Metalurgica Gerdau.
- Acting for investor in USD 200 million offer of 1.5 lien senior PIK toggle notes issued under section 4(a)(2) by Exco to recapitalize senior debt.
- Acting for issuer and sponsor in USD 350 million securitization of personal loans under Rule 144A/Reg S offering by OneMain Financial.
- Acting for the New York Federal Reserve Bank in USD 25 billion term loan facility to terminate CDS written by AIG Financial Products.
- Acting for lenders in USD 1.2 billion secured nonrecourse facility to finance Dubai World's acquisition of up to 10% of MGM Mirage.
- Acting for issuer in USD 400 million hybrid securities offering by Nationwide Financial Services in registered shelf takedown.
- Acting for a leading provider of business credit products in its USD 550 million acquisition by share purchase agreement of Australian Financial Investments Group.
- Acting for Westfield in its USD 24 billion stapling by scheme of arrangement of Westfield Holdings, Westfield Trust and Westfield America Trust.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Program Levels 1 and 2
- New York~United States (2007)
- Supreme Court of New South Wales~Australia (2003)
- University of New South Wales (LLB) (2002)
- University of New South Wales (BCom Accounting and Business Law) (2000)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.