Pablo Amador-Herrera joined Baker McKenzie in late 2013, and is currently an Associate of the Banking, Finance & Major Projects Practice Group in Mexico City. He has more than seven years of experience in the real estate, energy and infrastructure sector and has international experience working in the Firm’s New York office.
Pablo specializes in the development, financing and operation of real estate and renewable energy projects. His experience also includes advising clients on regulatory, concessions and permitting matters (energy, natural gas, water, among others), as well as general corporate law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Collaborated in the Firm's New York office on a project related to the largest private real estate development in the history of the United States.
- In-house experience as a long-term secondee in the legal department of Engie (January 2019 - November 2020) focusing on the development, operation and financing of a renewable energy portfolio in Mexico, the joint venture with Tokyo Gas, as well as general corporate, contractual, real estate and regulatory matters.
- Collaborated in the advisory for the procurement of permits before the Energy Regulatory Commission and the implementation of power generation projects.
- Assisted clients on the procurement of permits to import petroleum products to Mexico, as well as on the impacts of the Minimum Petroleum Storage Public Policy.
- Led several real estate due diligence processes in connection to real estate, energy and M&A projects.
- Represented multinational clients in the negotiation and preparation of right of way agreements, usufruct agreements, tailored lease agreements, real estate purchase and sale agreements, letters of intent, construction agreements and real estate trust agreements.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Phi Delta Phi, Garcia Rendon Chapter - Member
- Monterrey~Mexico (2012)
- UCLA School of Law (Master of Laws LL.M.) (2018)
- Escuela Libre de Derecho (Diploma in Energy Law) (2017)
- Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (LD) (2012)
- New York
- Co-author, "Comments on AMLO's Energy Agenda: Where are we? and the new USMCA trade agreement", Baker McKenzie, 2018
- Author, "Nueva Relevancia del Sector Agrario en México", El Financiero (Mexican Finance, Business and Economy Newspaper), 2016
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.