Xavier Amadei has extensive experience acting on cross-border equity and debt offerings, advising investment banks, issuers (including sovereigns), and shareholders. His transactional experience includes SEC-registered offerings and offerings pursuant to Regulation S, Rule 144A as well as other private placements.
Xavier has advised on equity and debt offerings, including IPOs, rights issues, block trades, GDRs, convertible and exchangeable bond offerings, perpetual securities offerings, Sukuk structures, medium-term note programs, U.S. commercial paper programs, covered bond programs, consent solicitations, tender and exchange offers, and high-yield debt offerings.
He has also advised clients on matters of bribery, corruption, fraud and economic sanction regimes and on the implications of the EU Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive. Most recently, he has also advised start-ups in Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore on Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) and Token Generation Events (TGEs). Xavier has represented clients on capital markets transactions throughout the Asia-Pacific region including Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, the PRC, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, the Philippines, and Vietnam.
Xavier is admitted to practice in Hong Kong, Paris, and New York.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Siam Cement Group Public Company Limited and SCG Packaging Company Public Company Limited (SCGP) on the contemplated spin off and initial public offering of SCGP on the Stock Exchange of Thailand.
- Advised PT Ashmore Asset management Indonesia on their IDR 211 billion initial public offering and listing on the Indonesia Stock Exchange.
- Advised S Hotels & Resorts on it USD 240 million initial public offering on the Stock Exchange of Thailand.
- Advised Spring REIT on their private offering of HKD 585 million Convertible Bonds due 2022.
- Advised Frasers Property AHL Limited and Frasers Property Limited on the establishment of their AUD 2 billion Multicurrency Debt Issuance Program.
- Advised CRCC Chengan Limited on the issuance of USD 1 billion 3.97% Guaranteed Perpetual Securities.
- Advised the Joint Global Coordinators and Joint Bookrunners on the initial public offering of the THB 45.7 billion (approximately USD 1.4 billion) investment units in Thailand Future Fund (TFFIF).
- Advised the Government of Malaysia on its USD 1.5 billion Sukuk due 2026/2046 (2016 Asian Legal Business Southeast Asia Finance - Deal of the Year).
- Advised PT Perusahaan Listrik Negara (PLN) on their USD 5 billion GMTN Program establishment, Rule 144A and Regulation S drawdown and simultaneous cash tender offers for outstanding high yield bonds.
- Advised DBS on the establishment of, and multiple Regulation S drawdowns under their Covered Bond Program and Global Medium Term Note Program.
Xavier Amadei is "very dedicated and very experienced in his field", Legal 500, Asia Pacific, Capital Markets-Foreign Firms, 2019
Standards of liability for Internet service providers: A comparative study of France and the United States with a specific focus on copyright, defamation, and illicit content, Cornell International Law Journal
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member of the New York Bar
- Member of the Paris Bar, France
- Solicitor of the High Court of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- Hong Kong
- New York
- Cornell Law School (Juris Doctor)
- Universite Paris I Pantheon Sorbonne (DEA Master in Global Business Law)
- Institut d'Etudes Politiques/Paris (DEA Master in Global Business Law)
- Universite Paris I Pantheon Sorbonne (Mait. en droit International Business Law)
- Institut d'Etudes Politiques/Paris (DESS Master in International Economics)
- ESSEC Business School (M.B.A.)
Author, "Standards of liability for Internet service providers: A comparative study of France and the United States with a specific focus on copyright, defamation, and illicit content, Cornell International Law Journal," 2019