Xavier Amadei has extensive experience acting on cross-border equity and debt offerings, advising investment banks, issuers (including sovereigns), and shareholders. His transactional experience includes SEC-registered offerings and offerings pursuant to Regulation S, Rule 144A as well as other private placements.
Xavier has advised on equity and debt offerings, including IPOs, block trades, GDRs, convertible and exchangeable debt offerings, Sukuk structures, medium-term note programs, U.S. commercial paper and covered bond programs, consent solicitations, tender and exchange offers, and high-yield debt offerings.
He has also advised clients on matters of bribery, corruption, fraud and economic sanction regimes and on the implications of the EU Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive. Most recently, he has also advised start-ups in Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore on ICOs/TGEs. Xavier has represented clients on capital markets transactions throughout the Asia-Pacific region including Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, the PRC, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and the Philippines.
Xavier is admitted to practice in Hong Kong, Paris, and New York.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised the Joint Global Coordinators and Joint Bookrunners on the initial public offering of the THB 45.7 billion (approximately USD 1.4 billion) investment units in Thailand Future Fund (TFFIF).
- Advised Osotspa Public Company Limited on its initial public offering.
- Advised the Joint Global Coordinators and Joint Bookrunners on the initial public offering of investment units in True Telecommunications Growth Infrastructure Fund (TrueGIF).
- Advised the Joint Global Coordinators and Joint Bookrunners on the initial public offering of United Company RUSAL (the first ever Hong Kong and NYSE-Euronext Paris dual listing).
- Advised the Government of Malaysia on its US$1.5 billion Sukuk due 2026/2046 (2016 Asian Legal Business Southeast Asia Finance - Deal of the Year).
- Advised PT Perusahaan Listrik Negara (PLN) on their US$5 billion GMTN Program establishment, Rule 144A and Regulation S drawdown and simultaneous cash tender offers for outstanding high yield bonds.
- Advised DBS on the establishment of, and multiple Regulation S drawdowns under their Covered Bond Program.
- Advised the Initial Purchasers on Adani Transmission Limited's US$ 500 million 4.0% Senior Notes and Rs.5 billion 9.5% Senior Notes issuances.
- Advised ICBCIL Finance Co. Limited on the establishment of their US$5 billion Medium Term Program.
Xavier Amadei is "very dedicated and very experienced in his field", the Legal 500, Asia Pacific, Capital Markets-Foreign Firms, 2019
Standards of liability for Internet service providers: A comparative study of France and the United States with a specific focus on copyright, defamation, and illicit content, Cornell International Law Journal
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member of the New York Bar
- Member of the Paris Bar, France
- Solicitor of the High Court of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- Hong Kong
- New York
- Cornell Law School (Juris Doctor)
- Universite Paris I Pantheon Sorbonne (DEA Master in Global Business Law)
- Institut d'Etudes Politiques/Paris (DEA Master in Global Business Law)
- Universite Paris I Pantheon Sorbonne (Mait. en droit International Business Law)
- Institut d'Etudes Politiques/Paris (DESS Master in International Economics)
- ESSEC Business School (M.B.A.)
Author, "Standards of liability for Internet service providers: A comparative study of France and the United States with a specific focus on copyright, defamation, and illicit content, Cornell International Law Journal," 2019