Baker & McKenzie LLP
Uanna Alves is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Dallas office. A licensed lawyer in Texas and Brazil, Uanna focuses on complex franchise transactions and commercial contract matters, with strong emphasis on global brand expansion and cross-border transactions. She has worked closely with leading hotel, lodging and hospitality franchise companies; casual dining, fast casual and quick service restaurants, and car rental companies.
Uanna's practice extends to cross-border joint venture transactions, US and international franchising, licensing and distribution transactions, international mergers and acquisitions, international regulatory compliance, and international corporate formation and maintenance. She routinely advises international clients in various industries on their business expansions, acquisitions, sales, and franchise and brand licensing. Uanna particularly helps clients with US and international franchise, master franchise and development matters; joint ventures, and global distribution and supply arrangements. She also helps clients establish and restructure distribution systems, and draft contracts such as agency, distributorship, franchising and licensing agreements.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised several leading casual dining, fast casual and quick service restaurants on their international franchises, joint ventures and other international matters.
- Assisted internationally expanding major hotel brands with the documentation of franchise transactions, conduction of local due diligence and regulatory compliance concerns.
- Assisted global sports entertainment centers, as well as multiple major restaurant and hotel brands in complying with local franchise disclosure laws internationally.
- Assisted various clients with respect to default, non-disclosure and termination matters, the relicensing of international franchises and related routine maintenance in multiple jurisdictions.
- Assisted a large car rental company with a multijurisdictional insurance compliance survey for its global franchise operations.
- Assisted clients with their global corporate reorganizations and restructuring projects.
- Order of the Coif, 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas – Member
- American Bar Association – Member
- Dallas Bar Association – Member
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (DAYL) – Member
- ABA Forum on Franchising - Member
- Order of Attorneys of Brazil (Ordem dos Advogados do Brasil – OAB) – Member
- DAYL Law Student Assistance Committee – Co-Chair
- William "Mac" Taylor, Jr. American Inn of Court – Associate
- Texas~United States (2016)
- Brazil (2012)
- Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law (J.D. magna cum laude) (2015)
- Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law (LL.M.) (2013)
- Higher Education Institute of Paraiba (IESP) (LL.B. valedictorian) (2011)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.