Jesus Alvarado-Nieto is a partner in the Tax Practice Group in Baker McKenzie's Mexico City office. He was a professor in the tax post-graduate program at the Universidad Iberoamericana. Previously, he was also a professor of the tax post-graduate and master programs of the Escuela Bancaria y Comercial, the tax law master's program of the Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (Estado de México campus), and the taxes post-graduate program of the Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México. Mr. Alvarado has written technical articles focused on tax matters for publications such as Puntos Finos, Práctica Fiscal and others issued by the Mexican Public Accountants Institute and Board. Mr. Alvarado is a Tax Certified Public Accountant by the Mexican Public Accountants Institute.
Mr. Alvarado's practical approach includes tax consultancy, development and evaluation of fiscal impact analysis, compliance with tax obligations, tax audits care and coordination of projects. He has participated in various projects for multinational companies operating in Mexico.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Mexican Public Accountants Institute's Tax Commission - Member
- The Mexican Public Accountants Board - Member
- National Association of Tax Specialists - Chairman of the Board
- Mexico (1989)
- Universidad La Salle, Mexico City (CP) (1989)
- Instituto Internacional de Estudios Superiores (Post Graduate Business Management)
- Instituto Panamericano de Alta Dirección de Empresas (IPADE)