Ignacio is an associate in the Mexico office of Baker McKenzie. Prior to joining the Firm, Ignacio worked for more than 15 years as an associate for top-tier law firms and as an in-house counsel for transnational companies. His practice area focuses mainly on Real Estate and Transactional Law.
Ignacio has assisted in advising international and Mexican real estate investors (including real estate funds, CKDs and FIBRAs) in the sale, acquisition, leasing and management of real estate portfolios, in the industrial, retail, residential and touristic sectors.
Representative Legal Matters
- Coordinated the joint venture for one of the world’s leading real estate companies with a global real estate industry leader, for the acquisition of land in the Nuevo Polanco neighborhood in Mexico City, to develop a Class "A" office building, within a master-planned urban mixed-use community.
- Coordinated the real estate due diligence for the potential acquisition by Azora Capital (Spanish investment company with an investment portfolio) of the Andaz, Banyan Tree, Fairmont and Rosewood hotels, and “El Camaleon” 18-hole golf course, located in the Mayakoba complex, at the Riviera Maya, in Mexico, as well as other related assets.
- Coordinated the acquisition by Fibra Terrafina (a REIT externally advised by an affiliate of PGIM Real Estate) of three industrial portfolios comprised of 15 properties in the Bajio area and the North of Mexico, for a purchase price of USD 83 million, as well as an industrial expansion land in the State of San Luis Potosi, for a purchase price of approximately USD 1.8 million.
- Assisted in the coordination of the sale by Prudential Real Estate Investors (PGIM Real Estate) to Fibra Uno -the first and largest REIT in Mexico- of 21 retail properties, located in 12 jurisdictions in Mexico, for a purchase price of MXP 10.5 billion (at the time an amount close to USD 700 million).
- Coordinated the disposition of Granite REIT's portfolio of Mexican industrial properties to a subsidiary of Magna International Inc. for a purchase price of USD 105 million.
- Coordinated the acquisition by Beiersdorf AG of 13 industrial plots of unimproved land located in Silao, State of Guanajuato, Mexico, for the relocation of its manufacturing facility in Mexico and the construction of its first regional development laboratory in Latin America, for a purchase price of approximately USD 1.7 million, as well as obtaining incentives from ProMexico and the Government of the State of Guanajuato.
- Coordinated the built-to-suit lease for the new Hub of FedEx Corp. in the State of Mexico, Mexico, the most advanced FedEx distribution center in Latin America.
- Coordinated the lease of an industrial building for the manufacturing facility of Novem Car Interior Design GmbH in Queretaro, State of Queretaro, Mexico.
- Coordinated the lease for the corporate offices of Macquarie Group Limited in Mexico City.
- Mexico (2009)
- Facultad Libre de Derecho de Monterrrey (JD) (2002)
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.