Jamil Alizada is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Baku office and a member of the Firm’s Intellectual Property, Banking & Finance, and Corporate and Commercial practice groups.
Mr. Alizada regularly advises on banking and finance matters, intellectual property law, as well as on corporate and commercial transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Accessbank CJSC on the establishment of EMTN (euro-medium term note) Programme.
- Advised BCP Securities LLC and BNP Paribas London Branch in connection with the establishment of the debut ECP (Euro-Commercial Paper) Programme by Accessbank CJSC.
- Advised UBS and Citibank on the establishment of the debut ECP (Euro-Commercial Paper) Programme by the International Bank of Azerbaijan.
- Advised International Bank of Azerbaijan on its debut Eurobonds offering in the amount of USD500 million listed in European stock exchanges.
- Advised and represented an international oil and gas service company before the state authorities with respect to local environmental compliance requirements.
- Advised international transportation network company and international coffeehouse chain on violation of their domain names' rights.
- Advised a major international financial institution on a series of loan transactions with a state-owned company. The loans were guaranteed by the Republic of Azerbaijan, and supported by separate export credit agencies, such as COFACE (France), Euler Hermes (Germany), and EGAP (Czech Republic).
- Advised European Bank for Reconstruction and Development in connection with financings extended to major Azerbaijani automobile dealership and construction materials' manufacturer and secured by mortgage of real estate, suretyship, and pledge of business assets.
- Advised on state registration and liquidation/de-registration of subsidiaries, representative and branch offices of foreign and local companies in Azerbaijan, as well as on state registration of various corporate changes.
- Advised a number of multinational companies on the enforcement of copyright and trademark rights, intellectual property strategies and local recordal of trademarks.
- Rising Star, IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate, 2017-2018
- Azerbaijan (2010)
- Maastricht University (LL.M. Intellectual Property Law and Knowledge Management) (2011)
- Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO University) (Faculty of International Law) (2010)
Baker & McKenzie - CIS, Limited is a member firm of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss verein.