Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for the project sponsors in relation to Islamic finance, Saudi corporate law and regulatory issues on the USD2.06 billion 16 year conventional, istisna'a and ijara based facilities for the construction of a phosphate mine and beneficiation plant at Al Jalamid, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and a fertilizer production complex at Ras Az Zawr, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Advising Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC) in relation to the issue of SAR8 billion (approximately USD2.33 billion) investment sukuk in Saudi Arabia.
- Representing The Saudi British Bank in relation to the establishment of a USD650 million MTN Programme and the issue of notes thereunder, the first ever MTN Programme established by a Saudi Arabian issuer.
- Advising the CV3 Consortium (consisting of Shell Exploration Company B.V., Total Ventures Saudi Arabia and Saudi Arabian Oil Company) in relation to the Saudi Arabian Gas Initiative.
- Advising a number of banks in relation to the licensing of their investment banking business under the new Saudi Arabian Capital Markets legislation and attending to the incorporation formalities of the new investment banking entities.
- Acting for a major US energy company in relation to its participation in an energy project in Saudi Arabia and attending to the incorporation of the joint venture project company.
- Saudi Arabia (1997)
- Rouen University (Ph.D.) (1995)
- Rouen University (LL.M.) (1985)
- Patrice Lumuba Peoples Friendship (LL.M.) (1979)
Author, "The principle problem of the oriental borders of Saudi Arabia", Article presented at Rouen University (France) part of the Master program.
Author, "Executive powers of Kuwait and Bahrain", first volume (2002).
Author, "Legislative powers of Kuwait and Bahrain", second volume (2003) [the PH committee directed the publication of the volumes above and the first volume diffused in a PHD theses form and on 2004 it diffused as a book (ISBN-10: 2284020631/ISBN-13: 978-2284020639).]