Mohammad Al Shraideh is the head of Litigation Section of Commercial, Civil and Banking practice of the Dubai office. He has over 16 years of experience in civil and commercial litigation in the Middle East. He has direct management responsibilities of up to 12 attorneys.
Mr. Al Shraideh's practice is focused on complex commercial litigation, real estate, construction, banking, intellectual property and later expanded to include general corporate and transactional practice. He has a deep understanding of arbitration procedures and the enforcement of arbitral awards within the UAE courts. Mr. Al Shraideh has advised on many high profile litigation cases in the UAE at both Federal and Emirate levels. His practices has a strong cross-border nature. He has successfully advised on and conducted litigation for many international clients, and has extensive experience advising and representing companies and high net worth individuals from a broad range of jurisdictions, including GCC and MENA countries.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a large Asian airline against a multi-million dirham claim filed by key public figure with regards to a high number of objections and nullification grounds.
- Acted for a privately-held diversified holding company against a bank in a commercial dispute amounting to AED 590 million.
- Represented a leading trading company in connection with enforcing a multi-million euro foreign arbitration award issued in Germany under the UN Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards (New York, 10 June 1958).
- Acted as lead local lawyer in Dubai and member of the global legal team and steering committee representing a Saudi-based multimillion dollar company in filing a multi-jurisdictional USD 9.2 billion fraud action in a multiple international jurisdictions.
- Successfully obtained a multi-million dirham judgment in favor of one of the largest construction companies in the UAE in the DIFC against a large UAE master developer in relation to breach of construction contract.
- Acted as local counsel for one of the largest commercial centres in the UAE in a multi-million dirham claim against a UK-based consultant firm in relation to a construction dispute.
- Acted as local counsel on multiple cases for a UAE securities company on claims resulting from investors’ failure to settle their accounts.
- Acted as local counsel for a Brazilian gas company in relation to a commercial dispute with a UAE based company.
- Acted as a key counsel in a complex dispute for a group of shareholders in a global construction company.
- Act as local counsel, managing and supervising various local and international class (A) banks in multi-jurisdictional cases.
- Jordan (2003)
- Dubai - Registered Legal Consultant