Amir focuses on commercial, white-collar crime and banking litigation, with over 15 years of experience in the UAE. He has extensive practical expertise particularly in commercial, banking and Islamic finance litigation. Amir was previously a police officer in the Dubai Police, working in key police stations and departments, including the Bur Dubai Police Station.
Amir is a licensed UAE lawyer and has right of audience in local and federal courts of the UAE including all Cassation and the Supreme Court. He has successfully represented many international clients in litigation matters, as well as companies and high net worth individuals in local and cross-border disputes whether in the GCC or across the MENA region. Amir has handled numerous banking and finance litigation matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting as local counsel, managing and supervising various local and international class (A) banks in cross-border multijurisdictional disputes.
- Representing syndicate banks in a claim worth AED 950 million and overseeing a partially Islamic financed project dispute which entails the recovery of AED 950 million and a precautionary attachment over one of the most sophisticated technology centers in the MENA region.
- Representing financial institutions in several bankruptcy and insolvency proceedings.
- Successfully represented one of the biggest Islamic banks in the region in claims against a distressed healthcare provider.
- Representing one of the largest banks in the UAE in various litigation matters exceeding a value of AED 700 million.
- Represented numerous financial institutions in white-collar crimes including a UAE bank against its former CEO responsible for significant losses, waste of the bank's resources and mismanagement.
- Conducted several major cross-border investigations for international clients.
- Represented a global electronics manufacturer in disputes against local distributors and agents.
- United Arab Emirates (2012)
- Southampton Marine and Maritime Institute (2013)
- Dubai Police Academy (Bachelor of Law) (2002)
Habib Al Mulla & Partners is a member firm of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.