Christopher has worked extensively on matters relating to global trademark and design portfolio management and global brand protection. He also advises on worldwide corporate branding availability, Canadian and European Union trademark prosecutions and oppositions, domain name and Internet disputes, as well as licensing. Christopher regularly works with clients engaged in the consumer products, agricultural goods and IT industries.
Representative Legal Matters
- Coordination of global and/or Canadian trademark portfolios for various clients, including a US-based global market leader in the computer industry, a Canadian currency exchange business, a French-Canadian multinational off-road tire and track business, a Canadian multinational engineering standards and testing business, an Anglo-Dutch consumer brands multinational, a French multinational food and beverage business, as well as several New Zealand-based multinational agricultural companies.
- Supervising global trademark and domain name enforcement programs against infringers of IP rights for various clients, including a Canadian currency exchange business, a French-Canadian multinational off-road tire and track business, as well as several New Zealand-based multinational agricultural companies.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Law Society of England & Wales
- Law Society of Ontario
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2002)
- Ontario~Canada (1992)
- University of Toronto (LL.B.) (1990)
- University of Toronto (B.A. Honours) (1985)