Elena Aguilar is a Team Leader in Baker McKenzie’s Corporate Department.
She has broad experience in leading M&A transactions from an ample variety of sectors, both domestic and cross-border (including industrial, real estate and infrastructure sectors, amongst others), in corporate restructurings and other corporate transactions.
Elena was ranked in Best Lawyers in 2018 and 2019.
Elena is a regular lecturer in the LLM courses at the Universidad Carlos III (Madrid).
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Bain Capital in the acquisition of a majority interest of a Spanish group of companies within the automotive sector.
- Advised Fondo de Reestructuración Ordenada Bancaria (FROB) in the sale of Banco Popular to Banco Santander.
- Advised BP International in the acquisition of a series of networks of service stations in Spain.
- Advised wine group Diego Zamora in the acquisition of a company within the wine sector.
- Advised Mahle GMBH in the acquisition of a Spanish group of companies within the automotive sector.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Madrid~Spain (2005)
- Comillas Pontifical University, Madrid (Bachelor of Law and Business Administration)