Pedro Aguarón was a member of the Firm’s Policy Committee and the Europe Tax Steering Committee. He has been cited as a leading lawyer for cross-border tax structuring in World Tax and International Tax Review magazines. He is also recommended in Spain by several specialized publications, including European Legal Experts and Legal 500 European Lawyers. He has given numerous presentations in international conferences related to his field, published extensively in tax and Spanish economy journals, and taught Corporate Tax postgraduate courses at the Barcelona Bar Association for two years. Mr. Aguarón is affiliated with two NGOs extending aid to children in Kenya.
Mr. Aguarón focuses his practice on corporate tax and general corporate law reorganizations; mergers and spin off, and re-domestication. His clients are both multinationals acting in Spain as well as domestic companies. Mr. Aguarón has been involved in several important tax audits and court decisions. Recently, he succeeded in a court case which changed the interpretation of certain tax rules mentioned in several specialized media.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for an important worldwide head hunting company in a groundbreaking tax case which changed the interpretation of the tax law affecting professionals at a national level.
- Represented the largest Italian group of pharmaceutical laboratories, in its acquisition of 45 percent of a laboratory in Spain amounting to EUR120 million.
- Advised several US multinational entities related with seed and food industry insurance, military equipment in their worldwide reorganization.
- Advised several US multinationals involved in the software industry with regard to tax audits and legal opinions on software in Spain.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Official Auditors Registry
- Barcelona~Spain (1988)
- Madrid~Spain (1984)
- Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE), Madrid (Master's Degree Tax Law) (1985)
- University of Madrid (1978)