Andrei Afanasiev is a partner in the Moscow office of Baker McKenzie. He focuses on corporate law, mergers and acquisitions and competition law.
Representative Legal Matters
Reorganization and Restructuring
- Advised a multinational FMCG corporation on its intra-group restructuring which involved Russian and non-Russian subsidiaries of the client's group.
- Advised Yum!, one of the world leaders in fast food industry, on the sale of a certain part of its KFC business by way of an auction/bidding process to a major Russian investor and the restructuring of the Russian business of Yum! for the purposes of such sale, including spin-off of a new company and debt capitalisation/conversion of debt into equity of such new company.
- Advised a multinational leader in gases, technologies and services for industry and health present in 80 countries on the restructuring of its Russian business.
- Advised one of the world’s leading container shipping lines with headquarters in Geneva on the restructuring of its Russian business and the proposed JV in Russia.
- Advised Remington Seeds in the proposed acquisition of the 100% stake in a company in Russia and on the restructuring of the group of companies of the client.
Corporate and M&A
- Advised, one of Europe's largest internet companies and the leading search and ride-hailing provider in Russia, which has 30 offices worldwide, in connection with a potential acquisition of the Russia and CIS business of the group operating the digital content subscription service that offers electronic books, audiobooks, comics and/or other similar content.
- Advised an international public agro-industrial and food conglomerate with headquarters in Thailand and operations in 16 countries on the proposed acquisition of a majority stake in a company operating a large robotic dairy cattle and milk complex in the Ryazan Region of Russia.
- Advised a global leader in IT and digital transformation services with offices in 15 jurisdictions in connection with a cross-acquisition of an international IT solutions provider operating in Russia, Eastern Europe, Central Asia, Americas, India and South East Asia, in result of which the client would acquire control over the target's business while the UBOs of the target would acquire certain participation in the client's holding company.
- Advised international home improvement and gardening retailer on the potential joint venture with a major fast-growing Russian partner relating to the development and launch of the online platform enabling the customers to find an appropriate service provider in the area of its home and garden development.
- Advised the largest developer of PC/mobile games in the CIS on acquisition of 100% of shares in a developer of PC/mobile games in Croatia, including analysis of the relevant regulatory and tax issues.
- Russia (2000)
- Moscow State University (Law) (2000)
Baker & McKenzie - CIS, Limited is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.