Farah Abdelrahman is an associate at Helmy, Hamza & Partners, Baker McKenzie Cairo. She focuses her practice on corporate law, for which she has accumulated experience in corporate and commercial transactions, as well as banking and non-banking financial transactions. She has assisted a large number of local and international clients in the context of financing transactions, and she holds experience in dealing with regulatory bodies. Farah regularly advises companies on the legal aspect of corporate, data privacy, telecommunications and consumer protection matters. She has assisted several clients on preparing ordinary and extraordinary general assembly meetings and in their efforts in conducting legal due diligence.
Farah focuses on corporate and commercial matters with a specific focus on mergers and acquisitions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a leading holding company working in the manufacturing of pharmaceutical products and its affiliate companies in Egypt on restructuring.
- Advised a leading pharmaceutical manufacturing company in relation to the drafting, negotiation and preparation of the full set of documentation required for the transfer of shares and arranged for the receipt of all required approvals and licenses from the relevant regulatory authorities.
- Advised a leading healthcare group in connection with conducting a legal due diligence providing a regulatory and legal feasibility analysis of a proposed investment structure contemplated on such healthcare group.
- Assisted GlaxoSmithKline plc. in the handling of its daily commercial and corporate matters in the course of a six months secondment at GlaxoSmithKline plc, provided legal support to commercial stake holders of GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- Advised several clients, working in different sectors, on the regulations governing non-banking financial tools.
- Represented several clients, working in different sectors, on various issues relating to keeping in compliance with the applicable laws regulating their activities and applicable corporate governance regulations.
- Represented several clients on various corporate issues: drafting and negotiating all documents relating to corporate restructures, inter-company lending issues, dividend distribution issues, establishment of various types of legal entities, increasing or reducing companies' capital, debt capitalization, suspension of activities and liquidation issues, sale of shares issues and related documentation, drafting and attending shareholders' general meetings.
- Egypt (2020)
- Cairo University (LLB) (2019)
- Panthéon-Sorbonne University - Paris 1 (Master’s Degree in International and European Business Law) (2018)
- Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi (LLB) (2016)
Helmy Hamza & Partners is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.