Baker McKenzie is advising Embracer Group in its acquisition of development studios Crystal Dynamics, Eidos-Montréal, Square Enix Montréal and a catalogue of IPs including Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, Thief, Legacy of Kain, among others titles. The total purchase price amounts to USD300 million on a cash and debt free basis, to be paid in full at closing. Subject to various regulatory and other external approvals, the deal is expected to be completed during the second quarter of Embracer’s financial year 2022/2023.
Led by M&A partners David Malliband and Airi Hammalov, the Baker McKenzie team includes:
- M&A: Gwen Karanadze, Paulina Heule Timmer, Lewis Assness
- Antitrust/Regulatory: John Fedele, Joost Haans, Sylwia Lis, Bethan Lukey, Daniel Andreeff, Arvind Miriyala
- Compliance: Geoff Martin, Eunkyung Kim Shin, Iris Zhang, Yuliya Kuchma
- Employment/Benefits: Kimberly Franko Lower, Christopher Guldberg, Danielle Lawrence
- Intellectual Property/Data Privacy: Marcela Robledo, Inez Asante, Sebastian Schwiddessen, Michael Kondrad
- Tax: Matthew Hayes
- UK: Alistair Craig, Jane Hobson, Kim Sartin, Olympe Bory, Hannah Swift, Paul Harrison, Thomas Roberts, Jess Bowden, Matthew Caulfield
- Canada: Nancy Hamzo, Jacqueline Lacchin, Matthew De Lio
- China: Cora Wu, Lei Ye, Hunt Wu
- Japan: Tomohisa Muranushi, Satoshi Abe
Baker McKenzie is a transactional powerhouse, with more than 2,500 deal lawyers in over 46 countries offering leading expertise in the areas most critical for our clients. We excel in complex transactions and cross-border deals – over 60% of our deals are multi-jurisdictional. We are global and local, combining money-market sophistication with local excellence.
Learn more on Embracer's website.